How do I select hazardous area equipment?
BLEP can offer advice on the selection of the certified electrical equipment best suited for your application.
In order to select the appropriate electrical equipment for hazardous areas, the following information is required:
- Classification of the hazardous area including the equipment protection level requirements where applicable;
- Where applicable, gas or vapour classification in relation to the group or subgroup of the electrical equipment;
- Temperature class or ignition temperature of the gas or vapour involved;
- Intended application of the equipment;
- External influences and ambient temperature.
Once this information is received compliant equipment best suited to the needs of our customers can be selected that is functional, durable, cost effective and safe.